Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
Love being able to have this cook all day and have a warm, delicious soup ready when I get home!
- 1 C carrots, chopped
- 1 C celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 10 C water
- 8 chicken bullion cubes (or 8 t bullion granules)
- salt and pepper
- 1 t parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t thyme
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 C rice (I use short grain)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Adapted from jamiecooksitup.net
1. Chop up 1 cup of carrots, one cup celery and 1 onion.
2. Add them to a 6-7 quart crock pot.
3. Pour 10 cups of water over the veggies.
4. Add 8 chicken bullion cubes or 8 teaspoons bullion granules.
5. Add a bit of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 bay leaf and 1 teaspoon thyme.
6. Add 2 thawed chicken breasts and 2 thawed chicken thighs.
7. Cover your crock pot and cook on high for 5 hours, or low for 7 hours.
8. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it up with two forks.
9. Add 1 cup of uncooked rice (I used short grain rice). Alternatively, you could add 2 cups fully cooked rice. If you choose to add the precooked rice, go ahead and add it with the shredded chicken let it simmer for about 30 minutes so the rice can take on the flavor of the soup.
If you are using rice that hasn’t been cooked add it with the chicken, put the lid back on and cook on high for 1 hour, or until the rice is tender.
11. Add one can of cream of chicken soup. Give it a nice stir to combine. This will give the soup just a touch of creaminess. Put the lid back on and allow the cream soup to heat up, should only take 10 minutes or so.
Serve and enjoy!