This is Martha Stewart's recipe. It's a good one : )
- 2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 3 TBS cocoa powder
- 1/2 C + 2 TBS. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 10 (1 1/4 sticks ) TBS. butter, cold, cut into small cubes
- 5 oz. (1 C) semisweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 C + 2 TBS. heavy cream
- Sanding sugar for sprinkling
1. I mix dry ingredients into a food processor.
2. Put pieces of butter into processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
3. Put mixture into seperate bowl. Mix egg, egg yolk, and 1/2 C cream. Combine wet and dry ingredients. (Mixture will be dry). Kneed the dough until the dough sticks together.
4. Roll dough out and shape into desired scone shape.
5. Bake into 375 oven after brushing the tops with the other cream. Then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
6. Bake 25-30 min. or until golden brown on top.