- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 stick butter (or less, if desired)
- 2 bunches of green onions, chopped (green part included)
- 1 medium jar diced pimentos (optional)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese plus some sliced for topping
- 2 cups of cubed chicken
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place large pot with water and salt over heat. Bring to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions.
In a skillet, melt butter; add the green onions and pimentos. Saute about 10 minutes on medium low heat. Add mushroom soup, milk and cheese, stirring frequently as cheese melts (do not let this scorch). When cheese cubes are melted, add chicken and black pepper to taste. Add salt sparingly, if at all - the soup has sodium in it.
After draining the al dente spaghetti, return it to the large pot. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and stir to combine. Pour into 9x13-inch casserole dish and top with the sliced Velveeta cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly