Gorgonzola/Goat Cheese Spread With Chives And Toasted Walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (3 oz)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Crackers for serving
- Toasts for serving
- Celery sticks for serving
- Endive leaves for serving
- Apple or pear slices for serving
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
Combine the shallot, chives, Gorgonzola, cream cheese and goat cheese in a bowl. (This can be done a few days ahead and refrigerated.)
To serve, transfer the mixture to a shallow 2-cup capacity bowl; sprinkle with the walnuts and parsley. Serve with crackers, toasts, celery sticks, endive leaves, wedges of apples or pears (quickly dipped in water and lemon juice to keep them from turning brown).
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Each of 10 servings: 151 calories; 217 mg sodium; 27 mg cholesterol; 14 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams protein; 0.43 gram fiber.