Shrimp Mango Curry
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp red thai curry paste (or according to taste)
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 c butternut squash or sweet potato cubes
- 1/2 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ripe medium mango diced
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the wok oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan, and fry the sliced spring onion for a minute, then add the curry and chili pastes and flour. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
Whisk in the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
Add the butternut squash and sweet potato cubes and simmer, partially covered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain the shrimp under running water to remove excess ice and add to the pan, letting the sauce come back to the boil. When it does, add the lime juice, brown sugar and diced mango and cook for another minute or so until the shrimp are cooked through.
Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and serve over plain rice or rice noodles.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Fiesta Burgers 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Black Beans 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Malt Milkshake 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Maryland Crab Cakes with Quick... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken and Shrimp Egg Rolls 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Spiked Shrimp and Sausage 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Mango... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)