- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 pints cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Read more: Fettuccine with Mushroom Alfredo | Recipes - PureWow
- Sign Up For PureWow's Daily Email
Adapted from purewow.com
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes (or according to the instructions on the package). Drain and reserve.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are very soft and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes more. Remove about a third of the mushroom mixture and reserve.
4. Add the milk and bring to a simmer. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce until smooth (or transfer to a regular blender and puree until smooth). Stir in the Parmesan. Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to coat with the sauce.
5. To serve the pasta, transfer portions to plates and top with ¼ cup or so of the reserved sautéed mushroom mixture. Finish with more freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Read more: Fettuccine with Mushroom Alfredo | Recipes - PureWow
Sign Up For PureWow's Daily Email
You'll also love
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Kale-Potato Soup with Bacon 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Old-Fashioned Chicken... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Gnocchi 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Aunt Gert's Macaroni Salad (Paula... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Meatball Stroganoff Fettuccine 4.5/5 (8 Votes)