Garlic Grilled Chicken With Cucumber Herb Relish
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts abt 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic oil see * Note
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small Japanese cucumber peeled, diced
- 4 Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
* Note: Garlic oil can be found with other oils at most well-stocked supermarkets. Use it, too, to make salad dressings or other marinades, or as a quick dipping sauce for bread. Brush it on meat before barbecuing; minced garlic tends to burn and taste bitter when grilled.
Place the chicken breasts between 2 layers of plastic wrap. Using a kitchen mallet, lightly pound the chicken breasts, flattening to about 1/4-inch thick. Place the chicken in a glass dish and drizzle with the garlic oil, turning so all sides are coated. Cover and marinate 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken until browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, turn and grill until the other side is browned and the chicken reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer, another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a warm platter. Squeeze the lemon half over the chicken.
Toss together the basil, cilantro, oregano, onion, cucumber, olives and salt to taste. Spoon the cucumber mixture over the grilled chicken and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 256 calories; 235 mg sodium; 108 mg cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 40 grams protein; 1.17 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (69 Votes)