Pan - Seared Chicken w/ Fresh Plum Sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds very ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 2 tbsp red currant jelly
Cooking time 20mins
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium - high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper add chicken to pan. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan. Cover chicken, and keep warm.
2. Stir 1 tbsp water into drippings, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add onion, and cook 3 minutes or until crisp - tender, stirring frequently. Add plum quarters and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add jelly; cook until jelly melts.
3.Return chicken to pan. Cook until thoroughly heated, turning to coat with sauce.