Seared Scallops with Snap Peas and Pancetta
- 3 3 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided $
- 12 12 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided $
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 ounces diced pancetta (such as Boar's Head)
- 2 2 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 pounds large sea scallops $
- 4 4 4 lemon wedges $
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from cooking light.com
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Add peas, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Place snap peas in a bowl. Heat pan over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 1 minute. Add shallots; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pancetta mixture to pea mixture.
2. Return pan to medium-high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. Place cooked scallops on a plate. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining scallops. Serve scallops with snap pea mixture and the lemon wedges.