Creamed Spinach A La Lawry's
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz)
- 2 bacon slices finely chopped
- 1 cup finely-chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
Cook the spinach according to package directions. Drain well.
Fry the bacon and onions together in a skillet over medium heat until the onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the flour, seasoned salt, pepper and garlic. Blend thoroughly. Gradually add the half-and-half and return to low heat, stirring until thickened. Add the spinach and mix well.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 130 calories; 571 mg sodium; 21 mg cholesterol; 8 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams protein; 2.96 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamed Spinach 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Boston Market Creamed Spinach 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Classic Fresh Tomato Aspic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet And Sour Cabbage And Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Orzo Salad And Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Veal Roast Stuffed With Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)