This is a delicious, healthy pumpkin chili that can be used as a filling for enchiladas or eaten with pasta or rice. It is so nice, and our whole family loves it.
- 2 tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin pureed pumpkin
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes (or 1 chopped and 1 cherry tomatoes)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (1 veggie cube and 1/2 cup water)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup low fat cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Rice or pasta (if using as a chili)
Add all filling ingredients to the a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Once cooked, add 2-3 spoonfuls of filling to a tortilla, then a spoonful or two of cheese sauce. Roll up and place in a baking dish. Repeat until dish is full. Pour over remaining cheese sauce. Bake in the oven for a few minutes until slightly browned.
Or serve with rice or pasta and a side salad.