- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 oz) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Toppings: Shredded Mexican blend cheese, chopped green or red onions, diced avocados and corn tortilla strips/chips
Cook ground beef in a large skillet along with chopped onion, crumbling and stirring occasionally until browned and adding jalapeño and garlic during last few minutes of browning. Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes with chilies, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, ranch dressing mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover pot with lid and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in corn, black beans and pinto beans and cook until heated through. Add 1/2 cup water to thin soup if desired. Serve warm, topped with desired toppings.
*If you don't like heat, omit the jalapeño pepper and also replace one of the cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies with one can of tomatoes without green chilies.
You'll also love
- Taco Soup 4.3/5 (18 Votes)