Pear Bran Muffins
Phase 2 / Per serving: 130 calories, 5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat,
5 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 200 mg sodium
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups 1 percent or fat-free buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly coat
with cooking spray.
Combine flour, bran, sugar substitute, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt
in a large mixing bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, pear, and vanilla
in another mixing bowl.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients
to dry ingredients and mix just to combine; do not overmix. Divide
batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake For 20 minutes. Cool and serve.