Cashew Bircher Muesli with Apples and Dried Cranberries
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) whole old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free to ensure gluten-free oats)
- 1-1/2 cups (360 ml) unsweetened vanilla So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk (plain would be fine, too!)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) whole chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely shredded, raw unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon, plus more to sprinkle, if desired
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger, optional
- 1/4-1/2 tsp pure plain or vanilla liquid stevia, or to taste (see note)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract, optional
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) coarsley chopped toasted cashews
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) naturally sweetened dried cranberries (I used oven-dried cranberries)
- 1 medium crisp, sweet apple (such as Gala), quartered, cored and diced
Adapted from rickiheller.com
The evening before you wish to eat the muesli, combine the oats, So Delicious Cashew Milk, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, stevia and vanilla in a large bowl; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 30 minutes.
In the morning, stir the mixture and add more milk if it’s too thick for your liking. Add the cashews, diced apple and cranberries and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.