Auntie Freda's Sweet Dough
- 2 yeast cakes dissolved in 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. scalded milk
- 6 tbsp. Crisco
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 c. flour (use Better Bread Flour)
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. raisins
**Mix all with exception of raisins, add these when rolling out.**
1. In a large mixing bowl combine yeast, water and sugar, stir until dissolved. Set aside.
2. Add scalded milk, crisco and salt. Mix well. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl, cover with warm damp towel and set in a warm place to rise until double. Punch down and let rise again.
3. Roll out on floured board and add raisins. Mix 2 c. sugar and 4 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle on top. Roll up tightly and cut with thread or knife. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet about 2" apart, gently press down the center of each roll with your thumb. Cover with damp warm towel and let rise until double again.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Frost while hot.