Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Make a stunning, moist pumpkin cake with the help of your slow cooker!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (4- ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 165mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Generously spray a 5 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
Pour batter into slow cooker; cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Uncover and cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen; turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts, if desired. Cut into pieces to serve.
You'll also love
- Tropical Coconut Black Bean Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Cranberry Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn & Delicata Squash... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Little Dickie Granholm's Cucumber... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Captain Morgan Rum & Pumpkin... 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Ruby Tuesday Apple Salad 4.4/5 (49 Votes)