Shrimp and fettuccine with sun-dried tomatoes in a cream sauce
Shrimp in a tasty cream sauce.
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-3 scallions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 T shredded basil
- 1/2 c drained sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 c chicken broth
- 3/4 c dry vermouth or I used 1/2 c white wine vinegar
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 11 oz fettuccine
Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat saute the garlic just until softened. Add the shrimp and cook for a few minutes stirring frequently, until the shrimp are opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and let cool, then chop into thirds.
Add the scallions, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper, chicken broth, vermouth, and cream to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by about half. Stir in the parmesan and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until melted and combined.
Return the shrimp to the sauce to heat through.
Cook the fettucine for 10-12 minutes and drain well.
You can add the fettuccine to the sauce or serve the shrimp and sauce on top of a bed of fettuccine. Garnish with extra parmesan, basil and crusty baked bread and a salad.
You'll also love
- Chard with Sherry Vinegar and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Country Pork Pâté with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Greens w/ Carrots, Feta, and Brown... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Bacon and Shrimp Pasta Toss 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Farro, Cherry Tomato, and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Crispy Fish Sticks with Pineapple... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- SCALLOP STIR-FRY SALAD 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Bonnie's Orecchiette Pasta 4.4/5 (5 Votes)