STIR FRIED SINGAPORE NOODLES WITH GARLIC GINGER SAUCE
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- sliced scallions for topping
- For the Sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegan/vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (I used a ginger paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (adds spiciness - more to taste)
Soak the rice noodles in a large bowl of cold water. Wash and cut all the vegetables. Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the peppers, shallots, and bean sprouts, and curry powder; stir fry for 3-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the peas; stir fry for 2 minutes. The vegetables should be bright and tender-crisp.
Drain the water from the rice noodles and add the noodles to the pan with the vegetables. Add a little splash of sauce - about 2-3 tablespoons - and stir fry, moving the noodles around in the pan continuously so they don't stick together in one big lump - they should move freely and easily. After a few minutes of stir frying, remove the pan from heat.
Once off the heat, add the sauce in small increments, tossing/stirring the noodles in between each addition, until the desired "sauciness" level is reached. The goal is for the sauce to thicken slightly when combined with the other ingredients and cling to the noodles instead of soaking into the noodles. Top with scallions and more sauce.
You'll also love
- Maryland Cream of Crab Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Herb Chicken and Potatoes, Slow... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Baked Ziti 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chinese Noodle Cole Slaw 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked garlic potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)