Caprese Chicken with Bacon
Smoky bacon, fresh basil,
ripe tomatoes and gooey
mozzarella top these
appealing chicken breasts.
The aroma as they bake is
from Taste of Home
- 4 Servings Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
• Place bacon in an ungreased ls-in. x 10-in. x l-in. baking pan. Bake
at 4000 for 8-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not
crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
• Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; brush with
oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil.
Wrap each in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross.
• Bake, uncovered, at 4000 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat
thermometer reads 1700• Top with cheese; bake 1 minute longer or
• Yield: 4 servings