Upside Down Pineapple Filling for Thumbprint Cookies
This delicious pineapple filling can be used for a variety of cookies, but the thumbprint cookie is definitely a match made in heaven!
- 1 cup (about 6-ounces) fresh pineapple; chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries; patted dry, chopped
- Confectioners sugar
In a small saucepan, cook the pineapple and 1/4 cup sugar over medium heat, stirring often, until the pineapple is translucent and the mixture is thick, about 12 minutes.
Transfer to a wide bowl. Stir in the cherries and let cool.
Fill the indentations in the cookies, before baking, with the pineapple mixture. Dust with confectioners sugar after baking.
You'll also love
- Bacon wrapped figs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Pie Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gingered Butternut Squash, Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla-Banana Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake - Light 0/5 (0 Votes)