Upside Down Pineapple Filling for Thumbprint Cookies
This delicious pineapple filling can be used for a variety of cookies, but the thumbprint cookie is definitely a match made in heaven!
- 1 cup (about 6-ounces) fresh pineapple; chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries; patted dry, chopped
- Confectioners sugar
In a small saucepan, cook the pineapple and 1/4 cup sugar over medium heat, stirring often, until the pineapple is translucent and the mixture is thick, about 12 minutes.
Transfer to a wide bowl. Stir in the cherries and let cool.
Fill the indentations in the cookies, before baking, with the pineapple mixture. Dust with confectioners sugar after baking.
You'll also love
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.9/5 (412 Votes)
- CROCK POT BBQ PORK LOIN 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Debbie Fields' Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE MUSTARD SAUCE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheryl's High Altitude Banana Nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Charred Pineapple Relish Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Sue's Famous Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Pound Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)