Baked Kabocha Squash
Known as Japanese pumpkin, kabocha squash's taste and texture is a mix between pumpkin and sweet potato. Bears like to eat it. Make sure it is fully ripe though.
- 1 kabocha squash, sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
1. Cover kabocha slices with olive oil and salt.
2. Bake in Pyrex dish at 400 degrees for 1 hr.
3. Optional: add a cup of filtered water to the dish about halfway through.
4. Turn off oven and let sit for additional hour if desired. Enjoy with brown rice and greens!
Tips for determining ripeness: Green stripes will lose gloss and become dull green when mature. Should not be able to dent skin with fingernail.