- 2 1/2 cups (12 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) pecans, chopped fine
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1/2 cup packed (3 1/2 ounces) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 26 Kraft caramels
- 1/4 cup milk
Adapted from cookscountry.com
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Pulse flour, 1 cup pecans, butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in food processor until combined and dough holds its shape when squeezed together, about 20 pulses. Transfer to counter and press together to form cohesive dough.
2. Divide dough into 24 balls, form each into pyramid shape, and space evenly on prepared sheets (12 cookies per sheet). Bake until cookies are light golden, 20 to 25 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and let cool completely. (Do not discard parchment on baking sheets.)
3. Microwave caramels and milk in bowl, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups pecans in shallow dish. Dip point of each pyramid in caramel to coat, then lightly press into pecans. Return to sheets and let cookies set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Key Step: Forming Pyramids
To shape the balls of dough into pyramids, place one ball on an unfloured counter and press down firmly to flatten the bottom. Then pinch the top and sides, using increasingly more pressure at the top, until you have a three-sided triangle. Use both hands to finish the shaping, pushing with equal pressure on opposite sides. Repeat with remaining balls.