Seven-Layer Velvet-Crumb Bars
- Bottom Base Layer
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Remaining Six Layers
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, or line with cooking parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, beat Bisquick mix, sugar, milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Fold in 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 20 minutes. Spread coconut over the top in an even layer. Next layer the 1 cup chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips. Evenly drizzle condensed milk all over the top. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and walnuts.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until top is golden brown. Cool at room temperature at least 2 hours before cutting into bars. The bars must be cooled before you cut into them, or you will get a gooey mess.