PASTA WITH ANCHOVY BUTTER AND BROCCOLI RABE
- 1 3.5–oz. jar oil-packed anchovies, drained, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 12 oz. campanelle or penne
- 3 oz. Pecorino or Parmesan, finely grated, plus shaved for serving
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from BON APPETIT.COM
Mash anchovies into butter in a medium bowl; season with salt (if needed; taste first) and pepper.
Tear broccoli rabe leaves into 2” pieces; set aside. Thinly slice stems ¼” thick. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add garlic and broccoli rabe stems and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until stems are tender, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
Add pasta, reserved broccoli rabe leaves, ¼ cup pasta liquid, and 3 Tbsp. anchovy butter to skillet (save remaining butter for another use). Cook, tossing occasionally and adding more pasta liquid as needed, until leaves are wilted and sauce coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Toss in grated Pecorino; season with salt and pepper. Serve pasta topped with shaved Pecorino.
You'll also love
- Garbanzo Bean and Kale Pasta 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Garden Veggie Shrimp 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- PUTTANESCA with TOFU STEAKS and/or... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Soft Shell Crabs 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Tuna Steaks 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon and Salami Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli Rabe with Fresh Bread... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)