This recipe is from Ollie Jones, our neighbor when I was growing up. About age 13.
- Step #1
- 1 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Water
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 2 Eggs (separated 2 Yolks used in Step 1 and the Whites will be used later)
- Step #2
- 2 T. Cocoa
- 1 Heaping T. Cornstarch
- 1/4 C. Milk
- Step #3
- Regular Pie Crust or use a Graham Cracker Crust (already Baked)
- Step #4
- Egg Whites (whipped)
- 2 T. Sugar
1. Blend first three ingredients and add the Egg Yolks. Mix thoroughly then heat until hot and steamy.
2. Blend Cocoa, Cornstarch and Milk and add the two mixtures together.
3. Boil until the liquid thickens and pour into a Pie Crust.
4. Whip the Egg Whites, then add the Sugar and whip till it stands in peaks. Place the Egg Whites on top of the Chocolate Pie and place in the oven until it browns slightly.
5. This Chocolate Pie with Meringue is surely going to please your guests.