Italian Sausage Pasta
Easy Weekday Meal
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 onion,diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 package(5-0 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
2.In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage; cook through until no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. Add broth, basil and tomatoes with liquid.
3.Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce. Add baby spinach; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is tender.
4.Add pasta to skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Serve with a Salad
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Mandarin Oranges 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken Pasta... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spring Rolls with Pork & Glass... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Indiana Harvest Sausage Lentil Soup 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Absolute Best Ever Lasagna 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Bean Soup 4.5/5 (19 Votes)