Basket chaat is immensely popular, mouth-watering Indian snacks & appetizers.
- For basket:
- 3 medium size potatoes
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 steel tea strainers
- Oil to deep fry
- For filling:
- 1 cup masala chole
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp tomato chopped
- 2-3 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 2-3 tbsp green chutney
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp sev
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Peel & thickly grate potatoes. keep them in cold water for about 10-15
2. Drain & place grated potatoes on a dry cloth & pat dry them for 5 more
3. Take the potatoes in a bowl, sprinkle the corn flour & mix well.
4. Now take a strainer, arrange grated potatoes to the sides of the
strainer & press with another strainer slightly smaller in size so that
it fits into the bigger strainer.
5. Place strainer directly into hot oil & let potatoes fry till they turn
golden brown on medium flame.
6. Take it out gently so that the shape of the basket is retained. Place
them on an absorbent paper.
7. Repeat the same process to make more baskets.
How to serve:
1. Mix masala chole, chopped onion, tomatoes, chat masala, cumin powder,
salt, red chili powder, tamarind chutney,chopped coriander leaves in a
2. Take potato baskets, put 2-3 tbsp of filling into each potato basket.
Top with yogurt, green chutney, chutney, sev, onion & coriander leaves.
3. Chatpati, crispy basket chaat is ready, serve immediately.