Recipe from the Hershey's Cocoa Box.
- 2 1/4 C. Flour
- 1 t. Soda
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 C. Shortening
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Sour Milk
- 1/3 C. Hot Water
- 1/2 C. Hershey's Cocoa
1. Sift Flour once, measure and mix with Soda, Salt, and Baking Powder. Sift again.
2. Cream Shortening, add Sugar gradually. Beating after each addition.
3. Add Vanilla, then well beaten Eggs. Beat until fluffy.
4. (If you do not have Sour Milk, just add 1 T. Vinegar to a cup of Milk, stir and wait just a moment. There you go, Sour Milk!) Now, add the Flour mixture and the Sour Milk alternately.
5. Mix Cocoa and Hot Water to make a paste. Add to batter, and beat.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes in 350 degree oven. Cool and Frost with your favorite Frosting.