Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, thighs or a mix of the two
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup beer (I used pumpkin beer!)
1.Place the chicken in the bowl of a crockpot. Add the honey, smoked paprika, chipotle chile powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, BBQ sauce and beer.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. If the sauce gets too thick, add more beer (or water) to thin the sauce out.
Once the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the sauce and shred with two forks return the chicken to the sauce and toss. Keep warm.