Sugar Snap Peas with Leeks and Pastrami
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh snap or snow peas, remove strings
- 1 TB olive oil
- sliced pastrami cut into bit size pieces or strips
- 1 lg. leek (white and light green parts only) halved, lengthwise and sliced
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 TB wine vinegar (red or white)
bring salted water to boil.
Add peas and cook until bright green (approx 5 min).
Drain and run under cold water.
Heat olive oil . Add leek, garlic and red pepper flakes, cooking until leek is soft. Add pastrami and cook for a few more minutes.
Transfer to a bowl.
Add peas and 1/2 tsp salt. Toss. Add vinegar. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and you might want to add more vinegar.