- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries and/or raspberries
- 1/2 cup dried tart red cherries, blueberries, and/or cranberries
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 12 2-1/2-inch muffin cups; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp. salt. make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In a 2-cup measure whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, and 3 Tbsp. of the butter; add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold in fresh and dried fruit.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with sugar. Cool in cups on wire rack 5 minutes.