My Go To Lemon Bars
My go to lemon bars, delightful buttery crust, delicious filling! Perfect bar, simple to make!
- COOKIE BASE:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- LEMON FILLING:
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, freshly zested
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix together melted butter, powdered sugar, and flour till well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
Sift together sugar, flour, baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Beat by electric mixer until well blended. Pour mixture over baked crust and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more till set. Watch closely, it may brown quickly, you don't want that. you want pale.
Allow bars to cool, dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)