Pum's Dear Lesson recipe for Phad Thai or Thai Fried Noodles
- Please note the ingredients are for one serve, multiply for multiple servings....
- 1 handful thin dry rice noodles (soaked)
- 3 prawns without shell or tail
- 1 egg (lightly whisked)
- 2 Chinese spoons vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 Chinese spoon lime juice
- 1 Chinese spoon sugar
- 1 Chinese spoon light soy sauce
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 handful savoy or chinese cabbage (cut into thin strips)
- 1 Chinese spoon ground peanuts
- 1 lime wedge (for garnish)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Before cooking soak the dry noodles in cold water for 25-30 minutes, until they become soft and then drain off the water.
2. In a pot bring 500mls of water to the boil. Blanch noodles in hot water for 4-5 seconds only then remove with a ladle. Put aside.
3. Blanch the cabbage and beans in the same way for just 4-5 seconds in boiling water then place them aside with the noodles. Finally, blanch prawns for 4-5 seconds until half cooked.
4. In a bowl mix garlic, light soy sauce, sugar and lime juice.
5. Heat oil in wok add egg mix and lightly fry breaking up as it cooks. Remove from wok. To wok add vegetables, noodles, sauce mix and egg and gently but thoroughly stir fry to combine all ingredients. Turn off heat and serve.
6. Top with ground peanuts and lime wedge.