Capellini and Seafood
- 1/2 lb uncooked shelled mussels - scrubbed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on.
- 1/2 lb uncooked scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 1 T fresh thyme
- 1 T fresh oregano, minced
- 6 oz uncooked capellini or cut spaghetti
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
Place the mussels in a large pot of cold water, let them soak to release grit, drain and repeat till clean. Combine the mussels, wine or broth and garlic in large saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat until shells open. Set aside with liquid.
Heat large skillet, swirl with oil then add scallops, shrimp, and seasonings. Saute till just opaque - 5-10 mins. Remove from heat and add mussels with cooking liquid. Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and place in warmed serving bowl. Tops with seafood mixture, sprinkle with S&P.