- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sweetened whipped cream, crushed gingersnaps
Cooking time 90mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, and whisk in molasses and next 4 ingredients. Cool 15 minutes. Whisk in egg yolks.
2. Butter 10 (7-oz.) ramekins; sprinkle with sugar to coat, and shake out excess.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of egg white mixture into milk mixture until well blended. Repeat twice with remaining egg white mixture. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins, leaving 3/4-inch space at top of each.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until puffy and set. Serve immediately with whipped cream and crushed gingersnaps.
Note: You may also bake this in a 2 1/2-qt. soufflé dish. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until puffy and set.