Easy Cheesy Pasta and Ham
Quick weeknight meal or perfect for the freezer. Recipe from PocketChangeGourmet.com
- 1 (6 oz) box rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ham, cubed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pocketchangegourmet.com
1. Spray 13×9 pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
2. Cook the pasta according to directions on the box, drain and return to pan
3. Grate the cheese, reserving ¼ cup and cut the ham
4. Warm the milk in the microwave, set aside
5. In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the flour and whisk for one minute
6. Slowly add the milk, whisk constantly.
7. Turn the heat up to medium and stir until thickened
8. Slowly add the cheese, whisk until melted after each addition
9. Season the sauce with salt and pepper
10. Stir ham and cheese sauce into the pasta, mix well
11. Transfer to baking dish and spread evenly
12. Sprinkle with reserved cheese
13. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until bubbly
1. If you make this meal ahead, take the dish from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Bake, covered for 20 – 305 minutes or until bubbly
1. After dish is cool, wrap tightly with foil, label and freeze.
2. Remove from freezer 24 hours before cooking
This recipe can easily be doubled for 2 baking dishes, 1 to eat now and 1 to freeze for later.