Hearty Turkey and White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion (1 medium onion)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery (2-3 ribs)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot (2-3)
- 1/2 of a fennel bulb, chopped fine (save some fronds for garnish)
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon wild fennel pollen or ground fennel seed (optional)
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 2 – 15 ounce cans white beans (Cannellini or Great Northern), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 -2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 4 cups broth – turkey or chicken (preferably homemade)
Adapted from afoodcentriclife.com
In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and fennel, and herbs.
Cook slowly until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
When the vegetables are soft, add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
Add the drained beans and turkey, then broth.
Bring to a simmer for a few minutes, then enjoy hot.
You'll also love
- Mixed Berry Chia Pudding w/ Almonds 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Pasta E. Fagioli Soup Slow Cooker 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Chips 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Shells with Italian Sausage and... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Beer & Cheddar Fondue 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Brine 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Quesadilla 4.3/5 (10 Votes)