Sesame Ginger Daikon Noodle Soup with Bok Choy, Snow Peas and Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- 2 bunches of baby bok choy
- 1 medium daikon radish
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced ginger
- 1/3 cup diced scallions
- 3.5oz container shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and tops sliced into 1/4” slivers
- 3.75 oz snow peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Place three eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a roaring boil and then turn off the heat and let sit for 12-14 minutes. Rinse the eggs under cold water until they are easily handled. Peel and slice in half. Set aside.
While the eggs are cooking, peel and spiralize the daikon radish, using Blade C and set aside. Chop the ends off the baby bok choy and cut the remainder into 1” pieces. Set aside.
After the eggs are cooked, pour the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and let melt. Once melted, add in the ginger, half of the scallions and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in the bok choy, mushrooms and snow peas, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms sweat. Stir and then add in the chicken broth, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the daikon noodles, soy sauce, mirin, lime juice, lower to medium heat and let cook for 2 minutes or until daikon softens to al dente.
Stir in the cilantro and portion into soup bowls. Top each bowl with a sliced boiled egg and the rest of the scallions.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Chicken Burritos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed-Potato Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Supreme Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentil Soup Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom and Root Vegetable... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Jicama & Black Bean Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Tortellini Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Protocol Droid Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)