Peanut Butter Date Protein Bars
These Peanut Butter Date Protein Bars are packed with power and great flavors!
- DATE PASTE:
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla Vega protein powder
- 3/4 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 12 Medjool dates (about 1 1/2-cup )
- Filtered water, enough to cover the dates
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from wholefoodsexplorer.com
Line a 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a food processor combine peanut flour, protein powder, date paste, peanut butter, and salt. Process until well combined and smooth. Add water as necessary. The dough should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
Mix in peanuts and transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top and refrigerate for 30 minutes to harden. Cut into 8 equal pieces and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The amount of water needed will vary on the thickness of your date paste. Add water slowly until you get the desired consistency.
Remove the stems and seeds from the dates and place in a bowl. Cover the dates with enough water to just cover the dates and let soak for about an hour.
After an hour, drain the dates and reserve the soaking liquid.
Place the dates in a blender, preferably a smaller blender jar for this amount. Process the dates, adding the soaking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is smooth, but still thick. This will require 1/4 to 1/2 cup of soaking liquid depending on the type of dates, freshness of the dates and the length of time they soaked.
You'll also love
- Steak with Sweet Potato Hash Steak... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Orange Snowballs 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Your New Avocado Toast 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Mousse - Dairy Free 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Basic Popcorn Balls 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)