Apple Pecan Upside-Down Pie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Texas pecans
- 2 rolls refrigerated pastry dough
- 2 pounds tart apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced (yields about 5 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar, or more to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Adapted from texascooppower.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9-inch pie dish, combine brown sugar and butter or margarine and spread over the bottom. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture. Roll each roll of pastry dough into a 12-inch circle. Carefully line prepared pie dish with 1 pastry circle. Do not press into nut mixture. Trim dough even with the edge of the pie dish.
Combine apple slices, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon, and place mixture in pie dish. Cover with remaining pastry circle and prick with fork. Trim top crust even with the edge of the pie dish and seal crust edges with water. Roll edges toward center of pie so that crust edge does not touch rim of pie dish.
Place a foil-lined baking sheet on bottom oven rack to catch drippings. Bake on center rack 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Let stand 2 minutes. Carefully run knife tip around edge of dish to loosen pie. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Patrice's Ground Beef Casserole 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- English Muffin & Asparagus Bake 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Toasts 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Bell Pepper Soup 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- 7-Layer Cranberry Cobb Dip 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Grapefruit and Watercress Salad 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Pineapple Pork 4.8/5 (6 Votes)