Pork Roast (Stew Slow Cooker)
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into 1.5 inch cubes or a 4 pound bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon Sunny Paris seasoning (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- 1 tablespoon Red Boat Fish sauce
- 1 small cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce (or any other Paleo-friendly marinara sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley (optional)
Adapted from nomnompaleo.com
Slice up the onions and smash the garlic cloves…
and add them with the carrots to the slow cooker liner. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Toss pork with seasoning and fish sauce and salt and pepper
Place on top of vegetables, tuck cabbage wedges on top
Drizzle on the marinara sauce and some more salt and pepper.
Put on the lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
When the pork and veggies are fork-tender, adjust the stew for seasoning with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.