Cheesy Mushroom Skillet
- Yields 4 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 oz uncooked vermicelli, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1 cup) 1
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups_
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
Adapted from key ingredient.com
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat.
Add vermicelli; cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in onion and mushrooms. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, water and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cover; let stand about 2 minutes to melt cheese