Coconut Orange Snowballs
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup unsalted butter,room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar (sift first, then measure)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp coconut extract
- 2 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp salt
1.Preheat oven to 350. Bake coconut on a rimmed baking sheet until light golden, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes
2.Using electric mixer, beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and both extracts in bowl to blend well.Beat in flour, orange peel and salt. Stir in coconut. Cover and chill at least one hour and up to 1 day. Soften dough slightly before shaping.
3.Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 level tbsp dough for each cookie or(I use a small cookie scoop), roll dough into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets, space one inch apart. Bake until golden on bottom but pale on top, about 18 minutes.
4. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Place remaining 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar in bowl. Carefully roll hot cookies in powdered sugar, covering completely. Cool cookies on wire racks. When cookies are cool roll again in powdered sugar,coating generously.
NOTE: Can be made a week ahead- Store airtight between sheets of waxed paper in a cool place
You'll also love
- Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Your New Avocado Toast 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Upside-Down Apple French Toast... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken in Coconut Milk with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Sweet... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Peanut and coconut noodles 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Orange & Walnut Chocolate Candies 4.6/5 (8 Votes)