AHA Campbell's Louisiana-Style Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Skillet
"This Louisiana Creole-inspired dish is hearty and loaded with fantastic flavor. Chicken, sausage, shrimp and fresh veggies are simmered in a savory tomato soup mixture. Wow your family by serving it tonight for dinner, it’s sure to earn rave reviews!Heart-Check Certification does not apply to recipes or information reached through links unless expressly stated."
Serves 4, Servings: about 1 1/2 cups each
Recipe Nutritional Information:
total fat 10g
saturated fat 2g
total carbohydrate 54g
dietary fiber 4g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces smoked turkey sausages, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked whole grain parboiled brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 ounces uncooked shrimp (31-40 count per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from google. com
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sausage and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken and sausage from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Add the celery, pepper, onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the rice, thyme and cayenne pepper to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup and water and heat to a boil. Return the chicken and sausage to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken and shrimp are cooked through and the rice is tender. Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.