Greens w/ Carrots, Feta, and Brown Rice
Dark leafy greens are the most nutrient-dense foods. That means that they contain more beneficial micronutrients per calorie than any other food, providing incredible nutritional bang for your buck, and in this case they're ready, and very tasty, in less than 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges for even more flavor.
Per Serving:310 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 11g protein
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 bunches dark leafy greens (kale, collard greens or Swiss chard), tough
- stems removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen 365 Everyday Value Organic Whole Grain Brown
- Rice, prepared according to package directions
Adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
Put carrots, greens, onions, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper into a large, deep skillet and toss well. Cover and cook over medium heat, tossing once or twice, until greens are wilted and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Toss with feta cheese and spoon over brown rice.