Coquito Puerto Rican Coconut Eggnog
This Puerto Rican drink is similar to eggnog and is usually enjoyed during the Christmas and New Year's holidays. Try it this season!
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (2-inch long) piece ginger, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk (see notes)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup white rum (see notes)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg, plus additional for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Bring evaporated milk, cloves, cinnamon stick, and ginger to boil over medium-high heat in small saucepan. Remove from heat and steep for 30 minutes. Strain milk and discard solids. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
Place spiced milk, sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, rum, egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in blender and blend until fully combined and foamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve chilled and dust with additional cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
Do not substitute cream of coconut for the coconut milk; it will make the coquito too sweet.
Add rum to taste—and tolerance!
You'll also love
- Orange Sweet Rolls with Orange... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Caramel-Macchiato Tiramisu Parfaits 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Candy Corn Popcorn Mix 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Irish Pancake Shot 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Rhoda's Candied Sweet Potatoes -... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Christmas Eve Creamy Crock Pot Hot... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Tres leches coconut cake trifle 4.3/5 (29 Votes)