POTATOES - MASHED POTATOES WITH PANCETTA AND LEEKS
- Serves 2
- 12 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 medium), unpeeled
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta* or 3 bacon slices, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup 1/4 -inch carrot pieces
- 1/3 cup 1/4-inch zucchini pieces
1. Cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sauté pancetta in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 10 minutes.
3. Transfer pancetta to small bowl. Add 1 Tbsp oil to same skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add leeks and thyme; sauté until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes. Add carrot; sauté 4 minutes. Add zucchini; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 minute longer.
4. Drain potatoes. Peel and return to same pot. Add remaining 2 Tbsp oil and mash to chunky puree. Stir in pancetta and vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Re-warm over low heat before serving).
*Italian bacon cured in salt; available at Italian markets and some supermarkets.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (884 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Leek and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Hearty Leek and Potato Soup 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Brie-Leek Tartlets 5/5 (4 Votes)