Mini Spinach Dip Bread Bowls
Yield: 10 mini bread bowls
- 1 (13.2 oz) can Simply Pillsbury Crusty French Bread refrigerated dough
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c baby spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c fat free sour cream
- 2 T shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 t chipotle chili pepper (from your spice rack)
- 1/8 t garlic salt
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1/3 c shredded 2% reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
1.Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 10 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.Open the package of French bread dough and lay the roll of dough on a clean, dry surface. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 10 equal rounds, about an inch thick. Using your hands, press the dough pieces into 3” flat rounds. Press each round into a prepared cup in the muffin tin, forming the dough into a bowl shape and pressing it up the sides. Set aside.
3.In a medium skillet, bring the oil to medium heat and add spinach. Stir the spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes, and then add the garlic. Cook for another minutes until garlic is fragrant and then remove from heat.
4.In a medium bowl, combine the spinach & garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, chili pepper, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Spoon the mixture evenly into the bread bowls. Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella evenly over the tops of each bread bowls.
5.Bake for 15-17 minutes until bread bowls start to brown on the edges. Let cool 3-5 minutes before serving.