Chicken Verde Quesadillas
From Simple and Delicious Magazine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen grilled chicken breast strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 4 cups (16 oz) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Optional: pico de gallo, sour cream
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium high heat. Add onion, corn, zucchini, and poblano pepper; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken, enchilada sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper; heat through.
Brush remaining oil over one side of each tortilla. Place half of the tortillas on two baking sheets, oiled side down. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with 1 cup chicken mixture, remaining cheese and tortillas, oil side up.
Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.