Old Fashioned Hot Cocoa
Grab your favorite mug and blanket, 'cause our Old-Fashioned Hot Cocoa is gonna make you feel so cozy, you'll just wanna curl up in front of the TV, or with a good book! Don't the mini marshmallows look like little pillows?
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups warm water
- 8 cups half-and-half
- 48 mini marshmallows
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
In a large saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Gradually stir in the water and simmer over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gradually add the half-and-half and heat, but do not allow mixture to boil.
Remove from heat and serve in mugs, topped with mini marshmallows.
You may substitute skim milk for the half-and-half if you want to cut down on the fat in this drink.
You'll also love
- Miami Mojito 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Apple Crumb Pie 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Russian Easter Bread 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- The Best Ever Candied Yams 4.1/5 (77 Votes)
- Cherry & Chili-Glazed Ham 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Frozen Peach Bellini 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Sugar-Free Frozen Eggnog 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Cider Punch 4.7/5 (13 Votes)